Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wednesday

I had a meeting in town this morning and did some shopping ,called at the P.O. on the way home and collected 4 more parcels. I had a call from Dianne L of Castlemaine and will meet her in Bendigo at Strathdale quilters tomorrow.Dianne has some things for me to collect.I will tell you more when I have them.I quilted a lovely shop sample for my D.D.s quilt shop yesterday and another lovely fat quarter quilt for a customer at Bendigo today. I can deliver that as I pick up the other items .i will stay with my DMIL tonight.We get on very well, so I must not be the daughter in law from hell LOL.
Packages from today.
I had a lovely note from Erna O'S of  Quilts by Golly ,Keene,NH ,USA
Erna has donated these lovely blocks.and in her note she says :
Read about your project ,to provide quilts for those who've lost their homes in the floods,on "The Quilting Board". I sent your info to four guilds.Hope you get lots. Blessins to you all,Erna.
It is incrediblehow the word is spreading.

Then Betty Keene from Tooele,UT,USA sent these
Sent these blocks .All very useful.
thank-you to Betty,
Isn't it a strange cooincidence that 2 parcels arrive on the one day ,one from Keene,NH and the other fromm a lady with the same surname,both from the USA? I thought I was seeing things at first.

Then from Fran D,AK ,USA  came
Four beautiful blocks suitable for a sampler quilt and about 23 ninepatch blocks, between these 9patches and the ones we received yesterday,we should be able to put  top together.Thank-you to you Fran.
The last parcel for today is  from a quilty friend Anne S of Keilor Downs.
Anne has sent along some good sized fabric pieces,some of which I recognise from a beautiful quilt I have just quilted for her,they go nicely together.We will be able to use these for bindings and joined backings if we need to join them.
I have offers to purchase a roll of backing from several friends so I went ahead and ordered  6x 18m  rolls of 96" wide backings in various colours, and 2 x 30m rolls or 250mm wide twice washed calico of good quality. I think I have the cost of 4 or 5 covered. Will keep trying for more sponsors. I will discuss the batting with Strathdale Quilters tomorrow.
I haven't heard anything more from NSW I put out a request that if anyone had any tops to donate to get them to Kaye Brown or Paula Dailey. have we had any takers on that?
Until tomorrow.
Wilma

No comments:

Post a Comment