Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thursday Evening.

I went to Strathdale quilters guild in Bendigo today. My what a reception I received. I took the blocks already received to show them what to expect. Before I left there were about 6 quilt tops sorted out ready for someone to work on at home and several ladies had taken some to do. The excitement is building and we can't wait to see what is coming next.
I was also presented with 10 quilt tops ready for quilting. Here is a small sample of them

 They are all beautiful,I do not have names for all the donors. I will be sending them along with another 10 tops up to Lyn in Mildura. I have ordered backing fabric and am just waiting on it to arrive.  Also I am looking for the cheapest way to buy batting. I was Given a roll of batting and $100.00 donation  from Dianne L today also ,and knock me down with a feather but she handed back the lovely Peter Rabbit blocks given by Lyn all made up in a quilt with matching piggles fabric.
I have just the quilting design for this one. What a lucky baby this quilt will go to.
I have had an offer of $$$ from a member of Strathdale Quilters to help with batting and backing and will collect it next time I am in Bendigo.

I called into the P.O. in the way home and picked up a large parcel
 fromAnne Mc of Country Quilting in Bellingen NSW. containing backing fabrics of varying sizes and 2 reels of rasant thread. a grey and a brown.Both great blenders they will come in very handy. Anne has also very kindly offered to quilt for us.If you are near Anne and would like to donate a quilt please contact her.Thanks again Anne.
Please keep the donations and the support going. I have heard from Jan D in USA and the first package is on its way. I will keep you informed.It has been raining all night and heavy showers this morning. only about 10 mil but any rain is enough to make us nervous at the moment.
Keep safe
til tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment