Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Today 15/02/11

Today I had a visit from the local paper. We talked about our aims and what we want to achieve here. We also talked about the International interest and help we are getting. The paper will visit our working bee on Thursday at Busy Bees and take some photos.
When I went to the local P.O. today there were 4 parcels for me 3 from the U.S.A. and one from Q.L.D. It never ceses to amaze me that even though their own state is suffering greatly QL.D. with floods and cyclones, and Western Australia with fires they can still take the time to help our cause.
This is Sharon our local Post Mistress behind the counter with some parcels for me. Luckily the P.O. building did not have water inside as it has several bluestone steps up to the door. The water was lapping the door, but the residence attached to the post office was quite badly affected as was the posties motorbikes and the family car. The P.O. smelled like mould for weeks. Sharon has 3 little boys.As you can see the P.O. is quaint and old it was built by Sharons grandfather.

The first parcel opened today was from Nansi B of Richland ,W.A.
Isn't the blue fabric beautiful? Thank-you Nansi for some lovely blocks .

Next was Karen P of Ironbark,Q.L.D.
I remember when Karen first brought her machine and joined the Statler Sisters List. I contacted Karen as I had lived in Ironbark,Bendigo,Victoria.
Karen has sent this lovely selection of blocks and baby quilts already joined up .The pink,green and brown blocks are enough to make a single bed quilt or lap quilt. Thank you Karen as Q.L.D. is suffering terribly at the moment also. I hope you are high and dry.
Package three came from Paula D ( aka Dragonfly Nana).
Paula sent me three sets of blocks.
All the sets are from an online swap conducted on the quiltingboard.com This set is called pink,green,and lavender What a nice sampler quilt this will make.

Next is a batik sampler set of 12 blocks ,this will be a bright happy quilt.


Last but not least is this  Black,white,and bright set. Paula said " I hope that they will give comfort to the receivers. While these blocks are donated by me, I must give credit to the fantastic quilters who created them for the swaps. I know they would be proud that I have donated them to this wonderful mission."
Paula thank-you for your lovely sentiments  and the beautiful blocks.

Last but not least I received a large box of blocks,backings ,and sashings from Holly Potvin of Bear Hollow Quilt Company. Colchester.C.T. It will take me all day tomorrow to sort through this box and catalogue it in pictures. Let me say they are very ,very,yummy.Thank-you Paula I will thank-you tomorrow when I am not so tired. I have been in the studio since 8.30am this morning.It is now 10.50pm. I must adjourn to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment