Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday,Monday

I went  to Gisborne yesterday and was given a pile of blocks by Lorraine B
Thank-you Lorraine, they will be very handy.
I went to the P.O. today and picked up another pile of
 packages.When I got back to the studio Iris was there,helping me with some quilting. After lunch Janet turned up and we sorted through some fabric I have for piecing and backings. Lurlene from the local paper stopped by ,the editer had seen this blog on the web. I told Lurlene the story of the orphan blocks and how the USA ladies have adopted my idea.
We opened the packages from Suzie of Paringa S.A.
This fantastic selection of orphan blocks greeted us they are lovely. Thank-you Suzie,we will have fun with these!!
 Then a parcel from Karen P. in Point Lonsdale revealed a hole pile of fence rails all cut and ready to piece.


Then from Lyn V.D of Geelong,
These beautiful,colourful  rail fence blocks and some fabric to compliment them. Way to go Lyn. We have the perfect fabric to go with the handbags and shoes !!

Sandy T all the way from Anderson,C.A.
sent us these lovely blue and white blocks .These beautiful windmill square in a square blocks kind  of remind me of Delft China.

Then we have Betty W from Tivoli,Qld.
There are some great Dora the Explorer blocks in this lot along with 1/2  sq triangles blocks,and these star blocks.
We are getting quilt a variety of blocks coming in.

Marie K. of Chesapeake V.A. sent us another pile of orphans of all shapes and sizes.

There are some for all ages in there.Thank-you.Marie K.



Margo B from Merseylea sent us these

very colourful rail fence blocks.I can just see the beautiful quilts now. Thanks again to all  of you out there busily sewing away to help our cause.

1 comment:

  1. I've had a read of your blog up to date. It is wonderful that people have responded so positively. I'm looking forward to helping at the working bees with Strath Quilters. The donations are looking great.
    Well done Wilma, and well done everyone who is taking this project to heart.

    ReplyDelete