Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday 13th

I visited Gisborne today to my daughters shop Quilters Bazaar  where I dropped off some customers quilts and picked up some more.
I also was given these goodies for our cause.
Above right is a beautiful complete quilt made of flannel.It is lovely and soft and cuddly.
On the left is a completed quilt top ready for quilting. These came from Elsa D  who is a quilting friend and customer. thank-you Elsa.!! 
Then there are these:
Three beautiful tops assembled by the Quilters Bazaar Wednesday afternoon Girls from blocks sent to us from Sue R of Yangebup W.A. There is a lovely ninepatch top and two beautiful appliqued and plain block quilts. Great job Gisborne Girls and ,thank-you to Sue for the lovely blocks for the girls to work with.
Our pile is slowly but surely growing.The Quilters bazaar (QB) girls say they love making the blocks up into tops. My girls at Maryborough are waiting with baited breath for their first work shop.
I received an e-mail from Carol,president of Strathdale Quilters advising she has secured the Long Gully Community House for a workshop on 21st February. I will have the first box from USA by then for the girls to drool over and sew into tops.
I said to my daughter Lorraine today ,I am beginning to worry. I have long arm quilters ready to quilt for us. from all over Australia ,but the logistics is the thing. Loz suggested I join  Squilters professional group and ask for people coming and going through the towns who can carry quilts for us. What a brilliant idea.
I am also starting to think about funding for the backing and batting. Loz said "You are one person .Take a breath and see how much you have achieved, and when you have 100 tops and no batting or backing then PANIC" LOL.
It is time to recount to myself what I have already achieved.
So far we have 11 finished quilts ,13 tops, blocks being assembled into tops, donations of thread, donations of backing fabric enough for about 6 quilts. $250.00 towards backing and batting.
Many ,many blocks arriving at pick up points in USA,Canada,Australia, and I believe South Korea. the first box from the USA is due to arrive next week. I have quilts being quilted for us in Camden,NSW, Narracoorte,S.A.  to name a few.  I have offers of quilting all over the place. Star Track Express is going to freight some backing,batting and quilt tops to Mildura to Lyn to quilt for us.Ineke in Tasmania is having two collection points from the USA sent directly to her ,where guilds and friends will complete quilts and Ineke will bring them to Victoria with her at the end of March.  Kaye White,from kayes Quilts will be attending the Statler Sisters get together in Eaglehawk next month and will drop off and pick up quilts along the way. Wow !All this in  two weeks. I think I need a sleep LOL.This cannot happen without the help and support of all of you.
Thank-you

No comments:

Post a Comment