Saturday, February 5, 2011

Five packages arrived Yesterday Friday.

My internet has been down for about a day and a half .Now I am back on line.I went to the Post Office  yesterday and Jenny,( a staff member who is a quilter and lost everything in the floods,has three little boys and the insurance people are giving her the runaround.) said there are lots for you today .The look of sheer delight as she handed over the packages was reward enough for what we are doing. I had to let the Post Office in on it as they will get lots of mail for me I am sure.

The first package I opened was from Pocoellie,( I hope that is right) from Alturas,CA. there is a large block great for a centre of a quilt and some smaller orphan blocks.this is fun.
Thank-you Pocoellie.




This package was from  Charlotte of Cokedale CO,USA 
These beautiful vibrant rail fence blocks (85 x 8.5"sq)  have been handed to Mary to take to her friend in Melbourne.Marys friends group will stitch them into a quilt top  and her friend will quilt them on her longarm machine. We will look forward to seeing the finished quilt or quilts very soon..Thank-you to Charlotte they are beautiful. 


Then there were these beautiful cranberry and blue blocks with some fabric to add to some more blocks and help to blend in for a set . these were sent to us from Jan  in Richmond WA. I cannot believe that I am receiving packages from the USA already. It is truely amazing.Thank-you Jan.

These are four rail fence blocks handed to me in Maryborough on Friday.Thank-you to Barbara  M
This beautiful set of quilt as you go blocks along with the binding, were sent to us by
Sue McP from Ivanhoe ,Victoria. Lesley has taken them home to join together into a beautiful quilt thanks to you Sue.
Here is a beautiful completed quilt sent to us from K.S. of Baulkham hills,NSW.
Some lucky person is going to love this quilt.

I also received a donation of money towards batting from a guild member today.Thank-you all for making every day seem like Christmas instead of a sad time we are having a glad time.
In just a few weeks we will begin to see some of the blocks we are receiving made up into beautiful quilts. I will be photographing workshops and finished items too.

No comments:

Post a Comment