Wednesday, February 16, 2011

.My day

Today I have been trying to get some customer quilting done. Of course it is a custom quilt and each row takes about 3 hrs. i thought I should get this out of the way. Day three and still 2 rows to go. Maybe I will get it finished tomorrow..LOL.
My visit to the P.O. today revealed mail from Helen S of Point Lonsdale,Vic.
Opening it revealed these 3 lovely quilt tops,ready to quilt. They will be quilted up very soon.Just as soon as the custom is off my frame LOL.
Next package was from Jamie V from  Texas USA.
which contained these lovely blocks including 2 made by her grandmother.
They will fit in well with what we have.
The web programme has gone down and I can't load any more photos tonight.I will post the other one tomorrow.
When Holly P sent me an email and asked if  I could use some fabric and blocks from her sewing room as she was having a cleanup,I gratefully replied that we would love whatever she could spare. You can imagine my surprise when I went into the P.O. and  I picked up a box about 2' square and weighing about 10lbs.
I had friends come around today and we sorted out the box of goodies from Holly P. I have itemised them and taken separate pictures,then I realised it would take about 3 hrs to load them on here so I have taken group photos and will post them. I have kept the other photos in my photo album.
Here is the list:
12 x 14 1/2" blue and white floral blocks with piecse of matching fabric.
20x 15 1/2"  rail fence blocks
12x 15 1/2" country rail fence blocks with extra sashing and binding for each quilt. Denise has already taken them to finish piecing and put together.
12x11" mauve and green blocks.
42 x 9 1/2" Little House on the Prarie blocks.
13x 9" crazy patch + 2x 8" .
9x 9 1/2" tools blocks + 4x 61/2.
3x 9 1/2" bright stars
1 by double wedding ring quilt centres and melons all cut out.
large piece of fabric  navy background with red roses enough for a backing.
3x table runners
9x 10 1/2: batik bears paw blocks.
A bundle of flying geese of various sizes and some fabric to match
9 star blocks 16x 12 1/2" Aboriginal print blocks
6x 10 1/2" fabric squares
set of "Princess" blocks
21x 6 1/4" blue stripes blocks
Assorted orphan blocks
Retro flowers quilt kit partly started.( Wish I had a picture of the quilt top)
2x blocks and fabric in plastic sashets to make 2 different sized schoolhouse blocks (kit).
9x bright blocks
9x space material blocks
6x orphan blocks
3x 22" square blocks
20x 6 1/2" blocks .
Oriental fabric with  2x sample  blocks made up.
I am tired just typing this lot.
This wonderful box full of goodies and the other fantastic blocks I have received this week will be going to Busy Bees tomorrow and the sorting out and handing out will begin. We will then make a date for the first  full working bee in Maryborough.
I am expecting another wonderful box from Jan D any time now and will take it to Bendigo with me on Wednesday when I go for the working bee over there. I have organised today for 2 individual ladies to collect 3 and 5 sets of blocks respectively to join together for starters. We are well on the way girls.Lets keep this thing rolling.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment