Sunday, March 13, 2011

Thank-you

today I have some thank-you's to make. Firstly to C.A. Boyle for the donation of 2 rolls of backing ,and selling me more widebacks at runout prices to make it a little less expensive for me.Then they freighted it all to me at no cost. This helps a lot.
Victorian Textiles have sold me batting at 10% discount which over 8 rolls is a considerable saving.Then They sent an extra roll of  bating to help us along.
My friend from Daisy Hill Quilters arranged with her sons employer : Hutchins & Rowles  transport company of Maryborough  to pick up the rolls of batting and store in their depot. Once at Maryborough my neighbour Alf Nichollson and I went into the depot with his ute and picked it up. A huge thank-you to all these people for helping out our cause. Being a long weekend here in Austrlia there is no postal delivery for 3 days so we are working hard on the blocks we have. I have quilted 2 tops today and one yesterday.I will show pictures of these when they are bound and finished. The world has been rocked again,this time by the earthquake in japan and subsequent Tsunami which is having repercussions all around the pacific rim including USA - California and Hawaiiai. Lets hope all this stops very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment