Sunday, March 6, 2011

Busy weekend

Hello everyone.
I have had a busy weekend.On Saturday I was lucky enough to go to Melbourne and enjoyed a concert by Americas own  Neil Diamond. He is still a great performer and 2hrs plus on stage is good for my money.I am not used to the big city but Iput on my big girls hat and  drove down and back with no problems.
Yesterday e had a Statler gathering in Bendigo.about 1 hrs drive away. We spoke about the support our friends in USA are giving us and how wonderful it is to be a part of it all.
I handed out 58 tops plus blocks and backings to have quilted.It was wonderful. I have ordered $1500.00 worth of batting from Victorian Textiles today. I have funding for $750.00 at this stage.I will have to go see the service clubs and ask for some help.
These are more of the photos of the blocks sent from Tanya Smith in Canada
This is a group shot of sets of blocks that were whisked away at Bendigo before I could turn around.

This beautifully colourful selection  including backing fabrics was sent to us by
Francis and charon from Canmore AB. Way to go ladies.
There are 32 crazy patch blocks from Isabella Nelson Canmore AB. Very nice thank-you
Birgid Thomson from Canmore AB sent these  lovely quilt blocks and I cannot wait to see them in a quilt. I love the rusty fabric that has what looks like fireworks on it. Very nice Birgid and thank-you.
Just look at this rail fence quilt top made by Celia Norman of Canmore AB.It is off being quilted already. thanks to you Celia.
Here's the group shot from all of the ladies in Banff, Canmore and
Beaverlodge, AB Canada.
Thank-you for the colourful backings and the thread to help with our quilting.
This beautiful baby cot quilt was made and quilted by Tanya Smith herself along with the binding and many other blocks and all the organising it took to get these all here to us. Tanya's husband organised a Bake Sale at the bank where he works and raised money for the postage.How good is that!! 
Well ladies you have done yourself proud I hope I can live up to my end of the bargain. 




No comments:

Post a Comment