Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Letter from the USA

One of our Strathdale quilters sent me this email today. I have her permission to print it here. sadly I do not have a picture of the finished top to put into the story.

Wilma
I mailed a letter and a photo of the first flood quilt I made to Sandy Trenholm in Califonia because she had an address label on her blocks.  I included my email address and below is her response along with an attachment of a photo of her original quilt.  Thought you would like to read it.
Diane
Hi, Diane,

Your letter and the picture of the quilt made with the squares I sent for the flood victims came today. What a beautiful job!

I am happy to be email buddies, if you would like to do that. We have many members of the quiltingboard.com that are from your country.

Attached is a picture of the quilt that I made with the squares, combined with the mosaic pinwheels. Originally, the pattern called for 8 inch squares, but I made them 12 inches, and made 7 too many of the one, that I sent your way. My kitty decided that between the quilt and the sofa was a nice place to sleep...this was while it was drying over the sofa. It is now on our bed.

Blessings on your day (or night as the case may be.)

No comments:

Post a Comment