Thursday, April 21, 2011

From South Korea and also from Janet and Angus Chisholm.

Hello first we have a beautiful finished quilt donated by the girls on the  U.S.Air Force Base at Soel South Korea. The fabrics are beautiful and the quilt delightful
  Below is the back of the quilt.
There was also this lovely finished top ready for quilting.thank-you to you all. This is the second package from the girls.Love the Giraffes!!
 Here is Janet with a finished quilt she made using some rail fence blocks donated.There are so many ways to use them isn't there?
 I received a box with a lovely card in it from Colleen of Port Alberni,B.C. Canada today.
inside was this lovely set of blocks 36 in each colourway,which will make a lovely quilt.
 also this lovely quilt top,backing and binding ready to go.
 Thank-you for your lovely note. We also have the saying "When the going gets tough, the tough get going" here in australia,and believe you me that is what we are having to do all over our beautiful country. Many people are thinking it is not so lucky at the moment. I know these gifts from the heart will make them feel much better.


Janet Chisholm had 3 very large boxes to send us from Canada,and checked out her options.
Janet opted to send her parcels (3 in all ) via air cargo. I arranged for Star Track Express to do custom clearance and deliver to me.there was a mix up in customs and the boxes sat there for about 2 weeks. Customs rang me and advised that there would be fees of $400.00 plus. Lois from Star Track Express got on the phone and the internet and about 30 hours later we have received all three packages with a total charge for Toll and Customs of $183.00 Angus then sent the $183.00 to me by pay pal. I am so very thankful for the support of Lois White of Star track Express for all her assistance. She also arranged for me to send off another three packages of tops, and backs. it is wonderful.
Here are the goodies from the boxes from Janet. there are some names on parcels so I will edit this tomorrow and add names to the photos where I can.












Once again thank you all from the bottom of our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment