Saturday, April 23, 2011

Email from Janet Chisholm

I had two e-mails from Janet Chisholm and she has given me permission to paste them here. thefirst one :



>
> Wilma,
>
> All-in-all, the whole experience of working with the Carisbrook
> project has been happy and fulfilling. There were the two clients who
> used to work together many years ago, lost touch, and met up again
> through this project. My quilt store collected blocks then came up
> with a fabric origami fundraiser for Japan. I think one project
> spawned the other. When I first planned to help, I figured a days
> worth of teaching would cover the mailing costs. Well, I've been
> educated since then, but because of the help from the guild and a
> quilter I had never met before, we were able to pay for the shipping.
> When the extra charge came, I was more than willing to make that be my
> donation. I'd say it all worked out pretty well, and was still less
> money than the post office would have charged.
>
> Knowing the time it took at this end, I am stunned at the thought of
> the work needed at your end, and I only worked 24/7 for one month.
> You and your quilt helpers are going to be at it for months. Have you
> distributed any quilts yet? I love seeing the finished quilts. How
> many quilts have you finished so far? I hope you're keeping track of
> the total numbers. Just drop a line in your blog some day. I'm sure
> other Sisters are interested to know these answers too.
>
> May the force of CS4 be with you.
>
> Janet.
 there are stories like this from all over of people joining together and helping others. If you have a story like this please e-mail me I would love to add it to the blog.

Janets second email tells of her cousin.Do you believe in cooncidence?
 Sure, use my e-mail if you like. It would be neat to point out
that the Colleen from Port Alberni in B.C. ,is my cousin and our
blocks coincidentally arrived independently in Australia at the same
time. I haven't seen her in 18 yrs. but heard through the family that
she was into quilting, too. I let her know about the project and she
got her stitching friends together.

Thanks for the update.

I successfully used the fill feature on CS4, after a few false
starts. I've been adapting one of Kim Diamond's E2E patterns into a
5.5" border, using divide. What thrills me is being able to see how
it sews using the F2 key for "virtual stitchout". What a treat.

Go and enjoy some Easter chocolate.

Janet.
thank-you Janet and Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment