Wednesday, May 25, 2011

update

My dear friend ( We have become so over the internet),sent me a lovely email today jently reminding me that you all are sharing my journey.I have been lax in not keeping up the blog by writing at least something.  Every day is so full at the moment.
So little time .so much to do. I have to get someone to make up a display of our journey yet. Maybe using a box of blocks some unfinished pieces ,some finished tops,photos and writing. I will try to organise that tomorrow. It looks like we will be draping the quilts over clothes horses.as no stands available.sigh!! they have been booked for months. Well they will still look great. May have just a few from Bendigo.I have had 5 girls here today and 7 yesterday making bindings and sewing them on and adding labels.We have 12 to take to Busy Bees tomorrow. Last count today on hand we have 212 completed quilts, 14 to bind,some coming back tomorrow completed,10 coming by star track express completed on Friday. Still have  to get 17 from Kay , 18 from Libby ,15 from Kaye , 5 from Donna,5 from Glenda( who will probably bring them with her). So target nearly reached. Ineke will bring hers with her and we have 40 from Jenny Bacon. Mission nearly acomplished.
We are also running a raffle of a beautiful quilt to help raise money for the backing and batting,etc.. The kit was donated by Rhonda Wilkins of Riddells Creek,Victoria,and pieced by Sandra Rayner of Maryborough. It has been quilted by Deep Creek Quilting (me). and bound by Sandra.Here is a photo of it before quilting.




Some completed quilts do you recognise any of the blocks ?


Have to go and put on the roast spuds.

No comments:

Post a Comment